in Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials
- Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials (SEAM)
- Working with leading Industry Partners
- $32,304 p.a. for 3.5 years
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Have a first-class honour or 2a honours or master’s in engineering;
- Provide evidence of good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- Expertise in using advanced instrumentation and lab equipment;
- Meet Swinburne University’s entry requirements for the Research Degree programs.
Strongly desirable qualities:
- Strong metallurgy and materials science background required;
- Knowledge in surface coating technology and engineering;
- Work experience within an industrial engineering setting is preferred;
- Interest in finding solutions to industrial technical challenges within a manufacturing environment.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following documents, as one PDF file – on the link below.
- One-page Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic transcripts (undergraduate and/or masters);
- English test results (IELTS or TOEFL);
Include the following Reference in your File Name and Cover Letter: SEAM-ARC-Pr1-D&T
Scholarship applications will only be successful if prospective candidates are provided with an offer for admission.
Applications will close when the candidates have been selected.
About the scholarship
Two PhD scholarships are available to conduct research into coating technologies and processes as part of the ARC Training Centre in Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials (SEAM). Working in close partnership with researchers and technical experts with leading industry partners in a multi-disciplinary team environment, the successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to develop knowledge in material science and processing of engineering alloys and be able to perform high‐level microstructural characterization of coatings.
The project will provide numerous research and development opportunities including:
- Being part of the wider ARC Training Centre team and community, which includes 29 industry partners over 4 continents;
- Conducting at least 12 months of the research project (over the course of the PhD) embedded within industry;
- Acquire knowledge and techniques to perform functional acceptance tests for specific applications or standards;
- Expand their knowledge in thick coatings, such as thermal spray deposition, for heavy industries e.g., mining, remanufacturing; high temperature coatings and laser metal deposition for materials repair;
- Deliver significant real impact to our industry partners and to the research community.
Terms and conditions
The scholarship will be governed by the Swinburne Research Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
SEAM Business and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.orgBEGIN APPLICATION